Dental x-rays (radiographs) use very low levels of radiation, much less than what's used in other medical settings.
Our team takes steps to reduce the risks to our patients from radiation by:
1. taking x-ray images only when necessary
2. minimizing exposure to other parts of your body.
3. using the smallest x-ray dose possible, and digital x-rays even less than the older x-ray systems with film
4. we use digital.
5. There are many benefits to using digital dental x-ray images:
- only a small electronic sensor is sent directly to a computer and can be viewed right away
- Images can be enlarged on the computer screen, this makes it much easier for you and your dentist to see the pictures.
- if pictures are too light or too dark, digital x-ray images can often by fixed without having to make another x-ray exposure
- The dental office can print, copy or email your digital x-ray images. They can be sent electronically to insurance companies, which may help eligibilities and claims be processed faster.
- Are environmentally friendly, they do not use film and chemicals.