In order to adhere to social distancing and limiting number of staff and patients in the office your appointment time may have been effected. We hope as we move forward to phase 4 we can relax some of these changes soon but for now we greatly appreciate your understanding.
Governor Baker announced phase 2 reopening details for the Commonwealth. Phase 2 allows dental providers to cautiously and incrementally resume all elective, non-urgent procedures and services, including routine hygiene appointments.
Per Governor Baker and Massachusetts Dental Society, the following scenarios can be addressed during phase 1 starting Monday, May 25, 2020
- Dental infection
- Teeth with Temporary restorations
- Endodontic treatment performed and temporized within last 3 months
- Teeth with active decay with a potential to create irreversible damage
- High caries prone individual
- Management of at risk pediatric and older patients with non-invasive and invasive caries
- Advanced tooth mobility and trauma
- Missing restoration with or without sensitivity, with compromised tooth structure, loose tooth, or restoration (compromising function) posing an aspiration risk.
- various services in mid treatment or pending treatment that would compromise clinical result if left untreated for extended time.
if any questions feel free to contact us.
We would like to thank all of you, our patients, for your patience. During these past few weeks we have been busy adapting to our new world. These changing times require constant evaluating, planning and improving social distancing measures, policies, facility utilization, technology and protective gear. We believe going to a dental office will never be the same as prior to COVID-19, we understand that and have done and will continue to do our best effort to create a safe environment with safety for you the patient and our incredible team. This is a team effort so we ask you to try to adhere to these guidelines. We are working hard to bring you the past great experiences in the new world. Who knows we may all like it more.Some of those improvements and new protocols are highlighted below. This will be updated periodically as new data and information finds its way to us.
Prior to your appointment you will receive an email with links for online check in, which includes an additional COVID-19 questionnaire.
When you arrive at the Building in the parking lot:
- Please call the office 978-685-4055 from the parking lot and we will let you know when the waiting room is open and your dental team is ready to see you. Please arrive with YOUR OWN Mask or SCARF covering your mouth and nose.
- you will notice the waiting room magazine and toys are gone and there are only two chairs available. We ask you to come by yourself and pediatric patients not to accompany their siblings as we need to adhere to social distancing and keeping the number of people in the office as little as possible. No one else but you and your dental team will be in the office at your appointment time so we ask you to be conscientious, arrive on time and address any insurance concerns PRIOR to your dental visit. We have invested in a lot of technology and resources to make your administrative experience CONTACTLESS. We ARE A CONTACTLESS office administratively, so all forms and payments are to be done digitally PRIOR to your appointment time.
- you will be offered hand sanitizer and we will check your temperature with Contactless Thermometer. If the temp is below 100.4 you will be brought to the clinical area, if not you will be asked to contact your primary care team.
When you arrive in the treatment area you will notice :
- all the counters are free of objects, to facilitate quick wipe and clean after each patient
- special air filtration system to ventilate the rooms more efficiently
- UV extra oral suction to clear the air and disinfect any aerosols not already suctioned
- you will have an intra oral shield to protect and suction any aerosols produced through the procedure .
- all of our clinical staff are geared with PPE recommended by CDC and ADA.
- When the procedure is done you will be offered hand sanitizer again, you will be escorted out to the door.
- We use CaviCide in the form of spray and wipes. CaviCide is effective against TB, HBV, HCV, Viruses (including COVID-19) , Bacteria and Fungi…
- We also use blue barrier tapes and sleeves on screens and highly touched surfaces which are removed and replaced after each patient's visit followed by cavicide wipes.
- After you leave our office, we will allow 30 minutes to disinfect all counters, knobs and and all surfaces, wait for the air to be filtered out and change all PPEs and get ready for the next patient’s arrival.
- We have reduced our daily schedule and the schedule is closely monitored and evaluated.
- We offer antimicrobial mouth rinse to our patients, prior to their dental visit.
- All of our instruments are sterilized after each patient in pouches with indicators in Autoclaves that reach and maintain a temperature of 121°C and 132°C or 249.8°F and 270°F for at least 30min by using saturated steam under at least 15psi of pressure. Increased cycle time can be applied depending upon the make-up and volume of the load.
- Many Items used during procedures are single use only and are properly disposed of after each patient.
- Hands are washed before and after each patient.
- Hand sanitizers (found effective against COVID-19) are stationed all around the office.
Many of the above infection control procedures / practices have been our daily routine even before the pandemic, we are reinforcing it by extending it to all areas and making additional steps along with additional equipment to reassure everyone's safety.
To receive updates to the list please connect with us through our social media channels and check back frequently.
Having said all this we are constantly monitoring CDC, WHO, and ADA websites and will bring you the most updated info.
For more information regarding COVID-19 please visit the following website: